Well, I got myself tagged. See what you get if you try too hard? Here goes!
1. I’m very short, 4 feet and 11 inches. I used to be 5 feet, exactly, but now I’m shrinking. Ah, the joys of middle age.
2. I’m Polish on both sides, mother and father. And, their last names refer to actual words in Polish. Thus, I’m a variety of mushroom on my father’s side and a peasant gardener on my mother’s side. Kinda’ works, doesn’t it?
3. I’m highly allergic to cats, despite the fact that I love them dearly. My sister’s got about five cats and my brother had one, who ended up in my parents’ care until it died. I daydream about petting cats and having them sit in my lap, purring.
4. I am self-employed, as a social media consultant. I’ve been on my own, eking a living, for about 10 years. I never thought I’d like entrepreneurship, but I can’t imagine doing anything else now.
5. I used to work for Harvard University – yes, that one – in Cambridge. I still get nostalgic, even though they’re the ones who laid me off.
6. I run a social network for entrepreneurs in my immediate vicinity. We have over 150 members now. I love social media, can you tell?
7. I used to play traditional Irish music on the fiddle and the wooden flute in my younger days. Go figure. Used to be in a band, too.
8. I moved to Boston in 1979 with a backpack, $200.00 and a place to stay for one week. By the end of that week I had a job and an apartment.
9. My father’s side of the family lives forever, or at least a lot longer than many folk. My dad is 90 and my eldest living relative is 102 or so. She’s my Aunt Henrietta and she’s awesome!
10. I am not a religious person and don’t worship, but once I went to church with my family on Christmas Eve. It was during one of the sermons there that I realized I was in love with the person I’d eventually marry.