Because no Easter would be complete without (indestructible) Peeps.
Did you know that peeps are basically indestructible? Not water, nor powerful acids, nor powerful bases dissolve them. That’s one tough little tweeter!
Food Finds about Peeps
- Peeps have been the #1 non-chocolate easter candy for over 20 years.
- In 1953, it took 27 hours to make a peep because of time-consuming details like hand-painted eyes.
- Today, it takes 6 minutes to make a peep.
- The leading peep-eating champion ate 102 peeps in 30 minutes.
- The leading speed-eating champ ate 7 peeps in 30 seconds.
- The main colors of peeps in order of popularity are yellow, pink, lavender, and white.
- Peeps have a shelf life of 2 years.
- They do not dissolve in water, sulfuric acid, or sodium hydroxide. It is commonly believed that they “can’t be dissolved.”
- Peeps are fat free!