Oh, oh, oh. Cinnamon Roll Day! I LOVE cinnamon rolls and now I won’t be able to stop thinking about them!
National Cinnamon Roll Day
Five Food Finds about Cinnamon
- True cinnamon, or Ceylon cinnamon is native to Sri Lanka.
- In Ancient Egypt, cinnamon was used in the embalming process.
- Two teaspoons of cinnamon has about 12 calories.
- Cinnamon has many health benefits. It has shown promise in the treatment of diabetes, arthritis, high cholesterol, memory function, and even leukemia and lymphoma.
- In the Middle Ages, cinnamon was only affordable by the wealthy elite of society. A person’s social rank could be determined by the number of spices they could afford.
Today’s Food History
on this day in…
1633 Bananas were supposedly displayed in the shop window of merchant Thomas Johnson. This was the first time the banana had ever been seen in Great Britain. It would be more than 200 years before they were regularly imported.
In 1999 remains of a banana were found at a Tudor archaeological site on…
View original post 334 more words