Interesting Food Facts about Water
- Over 70 percent of an adult’s body is made up of water.
- The recommended daily intake of water is 8 cups per day, but it can come through the consumption of food as well.
- There’s more fresh water stored under the ground in aquifers than on the earth’s surface.
- Drinking too much water too quickly causes water intoxication, caused by reduced sodium (salt) levels in the blood stream. Some confuse this with a “runner’s high”.
- Of all the water on the earth, humans can use about three tenths of a percent of it for drinking water.
The world water day is a mean of focusing attention on the importance of freshwater and advocating for the sustainable management of freshwater resources.
The theme in 2014 is Water and Energy.
Roughly 75% of all industrial water withdrawals are used for energy production.
Today’s Food History
View original post 58 more words