God, could anything be more boring?
National Vanilla Pudding Day
Five facts about Pudding
- The Fortress hotel in Galle, Sri Lanka, is charging $14,500 a serving of the world’s most expensive pudding, which is called “The Fortress Stilt Fisherman Indulgence”.
- Hasty pudding, originally a British dish, this pudding could be made on very short notice. Ingredients vary, but it was basically a sweetened porridge made from flour, tapioca or oatmeal and milk. The term originated in the late 16th century.
- In Colonial America cornmeal was cheaper and more readily available, so here, Hasty Pudding was a cornmeal mush (cornmeal added to boiling water and cooked) with molasses, honey, brown sugar or maple syrup and milk.
- There are both savory and dessert versions of this dish.
- Meat pudding would be a savory example of a pudding dish.
Today’s Food History
on this day in…
- 1859 Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was born. Creator of Sherlock Holmes. Holmes would…
View original post 115 more words